Article by Cristal Orpilla, RN
GET THE LOOK!
FLAWLESS FACE: Maulawizada determined that “glowy, warm skin” would be the perfect canvas for Danes’ sultry makeup look.
* First, he applied Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer Crème Compact SPF 20 in Almond ($45) to warm up Claire’s skin tone.
* Next he sparingly used Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage #3 ($30) to “cover up little imperfections and darkness under the eyes, which she really doesn’t have.”
* On her cheeks, Maulawizada applied Laura Mercier Crème Cheek Colour in Blaze ($24) followed by Laura Mercier Bonne Mine Palette ($48) to “highlight, bronze and make her even more glowy.”
*Lastly he used a combination of Laura Mercier Loose Setting Powder in Translucent ($35) and Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder ($22) to set Claire’s makeup and concealer.
* To ensure Danes glowed from head to toe, Maulawizada applied Laura Mercier Mineral Illuminating Powder in Candlelight ($32) over Laura Mercier Repair Eye Serum ($80) on Claire’s shoulders and arms.
EYES: Maulawizada determined that a sultry, smoky eye would perfectly complement the star’s glamorous, red Versace dress. “I decided to go with a smoky eye and not a red lip since the dress was so red,” stated Maulawizada.
* He first applied Laura Mercier Caviar Eye Liner in Black ($22) on Danes’ top lids and under her eyes “to create depth and shape.”
* Next he applied Laura Mercier Tightline Cake Eye Liner in Black Ebony ($22) with Laura Mercier Flat Eye Liner Brush ($25) to “deepen the lash line.”
* He then rimmed the inside of the eyes using Laura Mercier Kohl Eye Pencil in Black Gold ($20) to “intensify the depth and to create a contrast with Claire’s blue eyes.”
* Maulawizada added the final touch of glamour by applying multiple coats of Laura Mercier Faux Lash Mascara ($24) to the upper lashes.
LIPS: Maulawizada used neutral colours to “contour the lips” and make them appear “pouty, à la an early ‘90s supermodel pout.”
* He first defined the lips using Laura Mercier Lip Pencil in Hazelnut ($20).
* Then he contoured and shaded in the lips with Laura Mercier Lip Pencil in Praline ($20).
* Lastly he applied Laura Mercier Crème Smooth Lip Colour in Angelic ($26) to make the colour a “bit more beige and quiet.”
The following two tabs change content below.
As a New York City-based registered nurse with backgrounds in pharmacology, medical research, medical spa aesthetics, and cosmetic dermatology, Cristal became interested in the ways people go about achieving beauty. When she's not working full-time at Cornell Medical Center or performing aesthetic treatments at a midtown NYC medical spa, she daylights as a beauty writer, and has a penchant for scoring sample sale treasures, bellydancing, playing dress-up, and of course, chatting about beauty goodies.
- Freshpair Sample Sale
- Red Carpet Look: Amy Adams at the Golden Globes