Article by Cristal G. Orpilla, RN
1. Pack light, bring only the essentials. Pick up non-essentials at your arrival destination.
Airline security has become more strict than in past years. Keep toiletries travel-sized (less than 100 mL) and organized in a 1-liter zip lock bag. You wouldn’t want that full-sized Chanel No. 5 to end up in the garbage during security check.
2. Have a handy travel kit and keep it in a convenient place.
-Travel size toothbrush, toothpaste, floss
-Travel sized perfume
3. Dress up, but never sacrifice comfort for fashion when traveling.
-Dress in layers so you can peel off at will if temperatures change.
-Oversized pashmina (doubles as a blanket)
-Stylish, yet comfortable flats or loafers
4. Keep your largest, darkest, and most stylish sunglasses on the plane.
Wearing them at night can be substituted with the eye mask, but they come in handy for telling others “I want to be left alone” or that “I want to sleep and not talk to you.”
5. Keep yourself entertained, lest you be forced to listen to the babblings of the stranger next to you.
-Magazine, book, or reading device
-Mp3 player with noise canceling headphones
-Snacks like dried fruit and trail mix will keep your tastebuds satisfied and give you a break from peanuts and pretzels.
Bon Voyage! How do you travel in style? We’d love to know!
Latest posts by Cristal (see all)
- Barbie Teams With CFDA for SS2015 New York Fashion Week - September 12, 2014
- Barbie & CFDA New York Fashion Week Lounge - August 31, 2014
- How to Build an At-Home Medi-Spa - August 26, 2014