|Ready… Jet-Set, GO! In the exciting world of travel, one must know how to carry herself and her stuff.|
The trek from cab to terminal has unspoken rules one must follow to make sure departure and arrival run smoothly. Whether it’s business or pleasure, here are 5 travel tips for a start on the perfect getaway.
1. Pack light, bring only the essentials. Pick up non-essentials at your arrival destination.
Airline security has become more strict than in past years. Keep toiletries travel-sized (less than 100 mL) and organized in a 1-liter zip lock bag. You wouldn’t want that full-sized Chanel No. 5 to end up in the garbage during security check.
2. Have a handy travel kit and keep it in a convenient place.
-Travel size toothbrush, toothpaste, floss
-Travel sized perfume
3. Dress up, but never sacrifice comfort for fashion when traveling.
-Dress in layers so you can peel off at will if temperatures change.
-Oversized pashmina (doubles as a blanket)
-Stylish, yet comfortable flats or loafers
4. Keep your largest, darkest, and most stylish sunglasses on the plane.
Wearing them at night can be substituted with the eye mask, but they come in handy for telling others “I want to be left alone” or that “I want to sleep and not talk to you.”
5. Keep yourself entertained, lest you be forced to listen to the babblings of the stranger next to you.
-Magazine, book, or reading device
-Mp3 player with noise canceling headphones
-Snacks like dried fruit and trail mix will keep your tastebuds satisfied and give you a break from peanuts and pretzels.
Bon Voyage! How do you travel in style? We’d love to know!subscribing to the Beauty Goodies RSS feed!